| Grilled Wild Sockeye Salmon with grilled zucchini |
Made a simple dinner on the grill tonight with delicious foods all from Your Dekalb Farmer's Market. Previously this year we've been making frozen salmon fillets from Costco on cedar planks. This was our first fresh salmon on the grill: Wild Sockeye salmon. I was amazed at the fish counter how deeply orange-red the fish was, compared to regular grocery store farmed salmon. I enjoyed the salmon flavor a lot -- it was milder and much less oily than typical salmon that I'm used to. I started reading a little about wild vs. farmed salmon and found that the farmed fish typically are more fatty, less bright red, and considered not as good as fresh.
We put a simple spice rub on the salmon, from a recipe on Cooking Light's iPad app.
2 teaspoons chile powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground chipotle chile powder (used ancho chile powder)
| Red Sockeye Salmon |
| Salmon with dry spice rub |
| Salmon on the grill |
| Cubed zucchini, cooked in the grill basket, then seasoned with soy sauce and sesame seeds |
No comments:
Post a Comment