Sunday, June 19, 2011

Banana Bread 2



A few months ago I posted my banana bread recipe in which I forgot to add the eggs, but it turned out ok.  Last night I made banana bread again, from bananas so spoiled that they would had been overripe enough last week. This time I followed the recipe exactly, and the bread was fantastic. It has a light texture, sweet taste, and it slices into very thin slices without crumbling. The perfect recipe.

Here it is again!

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1.5 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
2 Tbsp light olive or canola oil
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup  walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt in a separate bowl.
Combine bananas, oil, eggs, sugar, yogurt, vanilla.  Blend well (I used a hand-held immersion blender).
Add to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Add walnuts (don't over-stir, or bread will be dense and flat).
Spoon into 8.5 x 4.5" loaf pan and bake 60 minutes

 The yucky beginnings

Ready to bake

About halfway through cooking

See how high it rose!

Sliced perfectly

1 comment: