After that, I made some brownies this week from a Cooking Light recipe. I had to cut down on the butter (not realizing I only had less than 1/2 a stick in the fridge) and overbaked them about 2 minutes. They are ok, but again nothing to blog about (may post recipe later though...)
So tonight I gave up on recipes and decided to bake treats for the kitties! For Christmas we got a gift of cat treat baking mix. It's been sitting on the shelf long enough. And today is also the birthday of our tabby cat, Forrest, so it seemed fitting to make the treats tonight.
The treats are cooling now. When I was making the dough, Clonie (our foodie kitty) enjoyed eating bits of the raw dough. But I have a feeling the kitties are not going to be interested in the baked cookies. At least we now own a fish-shaped cookie cutter.
Cat treat cookie mix!
Combine cat mix and water. Roll out with rolling pin. Cut into fish shapes. Bake. Serve to cats.
Cat food cookies
Baked cookies
Forrest inspecting his bowl of cookies
Forrest -- dubiously inspecting the cookie
Smells good, but Forrest doesn't bite.
No comments:
Post a Comment