1) I followed Mark Bittman's advice that if you want a more cakey brownie, add 1 tsp baking powder
2) The recipe calls for 1/3 cup of butter (i.e. 5.3 Tbsp) but when I got to the point to use the butter I realized we only had about 3 Tbsp in the fridge. So the decrease in the butter and the addition of baking powder made these brownies drier than I wanted.
Still, I think I'll keep the recipe.
Brownies
4.5 oz all-purpose flour (1 cup)1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
2 oz dark chocolate, chopped (recommend 60% semi-sweet)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
1 large egg
Preheat to 350
Combine flour, cocoa, salt in a medium bowl and whisk.
Microwave butter and chocolate at 15 second intervals until melted. Cool slightly then add sugar, milk, vanilla, egg yolks, egg.
Add the butter mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
Pour into an 8" square greased baking pan.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done.
Cute into 16 squares.
No comments:
Post a Comment