Sunday, September 11, 2011

Falcons Football Sunday

For the first Falcons game of the season, we had a group of people come over for grilling and game watching. I have no pictures of the foods we made, but wanted to post a new one for us -- Dan's dad's salsa recipe, which is so delicious.

Dan did their typical tailgaiting grilling: hot wings (really drumettes), chicken brauts, pork kielbasa, and chicken chorizo sausages -- all from the butcher at Your Dekalb Farmer's Market.

From my end, I made fresh salsa (recipe below), Texas Caviar, and Chocolate Crinkle cookies (which I last made for the super bowl). A great spread!

Fresh Tomato Salsa (double recipe)
6 tomatoes, chopped finely and seeded
1/2 onion, diced finely
3-4 cloves garlic, diced
handful of cilantro, diced finely
1 and a half jalapenos, diced finely
salt & pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients and serve with chips

No comments: