Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies



This is the 3rd time I've posted a chocolate chip cookie recipe, each one slightly different.  This time I decided to look online for one with slightly less butter.  This recipe made hard cookies that were chewy but not soft inside.  One recipe made 29 cookies that have almost entirely disappeared over the past 48 hours...


Chocolate Chip cookies
1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder **
1/4 tsp salt
5 Tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
Chocolate chips (about half a bag -- could use slightly less)

**when I decided to make this recipe at 10:00pm, I forgot that we had run out of baking powder. So I subbed 3/4 tsp baking soda. I don't think that's a valid conversion, but it worked ok for this recipe

Preheat to 350.
Combine dry ingredients with a whisk.
Combine butter and sugars and beat with a mixer until blended. Add egg and vanilla, beat 1 minute.  Stir in flour mixture and chocolate chips (note: mixture starts out dry and crumbly).

Drop level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 11 - 12 minutes.

Cookie dough, overloaded with chocolate chips

Tablespoons of cookies

No comments: