A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away there was a story about a little droid and all of the mischief it got into.What if that story happened today, but it was a little black droid bent on making mischief out of meat, inputting all kinds of creatures, be it fish, fowl or pig, and turning them into succulence using its mystical force?
Today, such a robot landed on my deck. I'd been contemplating building one of my own, but the electronics seemed a little finicky.
To be a master of meat, you have to control time and temperature. Why reinvent the wheel, I thought, when this little creature does both?
I've long thought about someday acquiring a Big Green Egg, of the type that's hyped by grillmaster Bobby Flay on his shows, but the cost was way, way too expensive. Plus it's a pretty heavy thing to lug around.
But after reading a Cook's Illustrated review of that and other smokers (including the one I just purchased), I was hooked.
This weekend, I'm hoping to use the magazine's Memphis-style rib recipe for our tailgating adventures at Turner Field. That article has a grill/oven method that seems like it will cut the cooking time significantly.
But now that I have my smoker droid, time is on my side. I can pop in those ribs and let the little machine work its magic.
No comments:
Post a Comment